Grunwell-Cashero Co. is a recognized specialist in building restoration, rehabilitation and preventive maintenance. Since 1953, we have remained dedicated to restoring and maintaining the structural integrity and architectural esthetics of all types of structures including historic buildings, industrial complexes, office buildings and parking structures.
Our completed projects and client recommendations stand as a testimonial of our quality work, and a reference for you of our accomplishments. Specially trained, experienced field crews using the most advanced techniques and materials, provide a top quality finished product that is guaranteed with each Grunwell-Cashero Co. project.
Our offices in Detroit, Cleveland and Toledo provide us with the flexibility we need to service clients across the Midwest and beyond. Grunwell-Cashero Co. completes over 450 projects per year and a significant percentage of our business is repeat clientele. So whether your building has a minor leak or requires a full faηade renovation, you can rely on Grunwell-Cashero Co. for all of your restoration and maintenance needs.
It all began in 1953 when Fidell Cashero Sr. purchased the construction business of Roy Grunwell. The Detroit office grew and expanded quickly. As things progressed and work expanded into Ohio, the decision was made to open an office in Toledo and a while after that our Cleveland Division was established. Our family-owned and operated business now with third generation involvement is a success because of our clients and employees that have helped build us to what we are today.
Corporate Mission Statement
Grunwell-Cashero is committed to providing quality restoration and rehabilitation services for historic as well as modern day masonry structures. The company must continually provide outstanding quality and value to our customers. Our mission is accomplished by using a highly trained and skilled group of craftworkers that combine experience from the past with the latest industry advances to properly restore and deliver cost effective, timely projects. We believe attitude + effort = success.
Awards and Affiliations
Grunwell-Cashero is a signatory contractor and participates in a wide variety of organizations. We have been fortunate to win an array of awards throughout the years; most recently we were named the "44th Top Masonry Contractor" in Masonry Construction magazine. Grunwell-Cashero is affiliated with the following organizations:
- National Trust for Historic Preservation
- International Masonry Institute Certified Professional Contractor
- Association for Preservation Technology
- Preservation Wayne
- Michigan Historic Preservation Network
- Commercial Real Estate Women Detroit Chapter
- Construction Association of Michigan
- International Concrete Repair Institute - Cleveland
- Facilities Healthcare Engineers Association - Toledo
- Building Owners and Managers Association of Metropolitan Detroit, Akron, Toledo and Cleveland
- Grunwell-Cashero Awards:
- International Union of Bricklayers and Allied Craftworkers 2002 Craft Award Best Cement Masonry Project St. Augustine Church
- International Union of Bricklayers and Allied Craftworkers 2002 Craft Award Best Region 5 Restoration/Rehabilitation/Maintenance Project Detroit Opera House
- International Masonry Institute 2003 Golden Trowel Award Significant Achievement in Stone Preservation/Conservation (under 5 million dollars)
- International Union of Bricklayers and Allied Craftworkers 2004 Craft Award Best Historic Reconstruction Project Greenfield Village
The Grunwell-Cashero Company: Past. Present. Future.
For six decades, Fidell Cashero and his son, Scott, have been at the helm of the Grunwell-Cashero Company, maintaining and restoring buildings throughout the Midwest. Now, the leadership of the company is being passed to the next generation. [MORE... DOWNLOAD THE PDF]
Grunwell-Cashero Strengthens Commitment to Detroit with Renovation Project at Historic Detroit Institute of Arts (DIA)
Detroit, MI, June 19, 2012 General Contractor contributes to the revitalization of Detroit by leading renovation work at museum. "We Believe" banner flies over job site to support "Believe in Detroit" campaign. [CLICK HERE TO READ THE FULL PRESS RELEASE]
Larry Darling Joins Grunwell-Cashero Company
Detroit, MI (PRWEB) August 31, 2011 - Scott Cashero, President of the Grunwell-Cashero Company, announced that Larry Darling has joined the firm as their Masonry Conservator and Director of Technical Services. [CLICK HERE TO READ THE FULL PRESS RELEASE]